One of the worst things that can happen when traveling is reaching your destination and realizing that you forgot an essential toiletry item such as a toothbrush or toothpaste. Planning ahead is recommended so that you won’t have to stop at the store when you arrive. Dental hygiene is crucial especially when traveling. You don’t want to mess up your dental hygiene routine and cause health problems. Follow this checklist when traveling to make sure that you don’t forget anything and that your smile looks great even when you’re away from home.
- Toothbrush. If you take a standard toothbrush, make sure that you have a case for it to prevent it from collecting germs in your suitcase. Some stores sell fold-up toothbrushes to save room and protect the bristles from germs and from bending.
- Toothpaste. You can purchase travel-size toothpaste to save room. Travel size toothpaste often follows TSA regulations, so you can carry it on the plan with you.
- Mouthwash. Mouthwash is essential to freshen breath and complete the cleaning process. Travel size mouthwash is great for a carry-on.
- Floss. Just because you’re traveling doesn’t mean you get to take a break from flossing! This dental hygiene item is necessary to clean in between teeth.
- Paraffin wax. It’s always good to have some wax on hand in case you chip a tooth. Putting wax on the tooth prevents it from damaging the inside of your mouth until you can get to a dentist.
- Gum. It’s a terrible feeling to have bad breath and not know when the next time you will be able to brush your teeth. Having gum handy is a great way to make sure you always have fresh breath. Just make sure you use gum with a xylitol sweetener rather than a sugar sweetener to prevent cavities.
- Plastic bag. Putting all of your liquids in a plastic bag will prevent them from leaking all over your suitcase.
Now that you’re all packed and ready to go, don’t forget to schedule a regular cleaning from your local Columbus dentist at The Dental Center at Easton!