Welcome to the first dental health quiz from the Dental Center at Easton Town Center! We’ve provided a few questions to test your dental mental acuity. Read through, pick your answers, and check them beneath.
1) What is the recommendation from the American Dental Association for brushing and flossing?
a) Once a day
b) Twice a day
c) Once a week
d) Three times a day
2) At what age should a child be seen by a dentist?
a) When the first baby tooth comes in
b) Before the start of kindergarten
c) When the child has discomfort
d) Before second grade
3) What do tree branches, wild boar hair and nylon have in common?
a) They all have been made into toothbrushes at one time or another
b) Dentists have used these items for filling materials
c) All can be found in a modern dental office
4) Which is healthier for your teeth – chocolate, raisins, chewing gum, or hard candy?
c) Chewing gum
d) Hard Candy
5) In one appointment, on one patient, what is the most teeth Dr. Gilmer has extracted?
c) Twenty Eight
1) D: Brushing and flossing after every meal is imperative to preventing cavities and other dental conditions
2) A: Familiarizing a child with our office makes the child more comfortable over time
3) A: People have been concerned about their dental hygiene since Egyptian times. Ancient tombs contained small tree branches with ends frayed into soft fibers. In the 15th century, the Chinese made toothbrushes from the neck hairs of the Siberian wild boar. The present day nylon toothbrush was invented in 1937.
4) A: Sticky foods, such as raisins, and heavily sugared foods can stick to teeth and cause more decay.
5) C: Dr. Gilmer once extracted an entire mouthful of teeth!