There are several misconceptions about cosmetic dentistry some people believe. Not too many people truly understand what this type of dentistry is all about or what it can do for them. If you take the time to understand the complexities and even the commonalities of cosmetic dentistry, you will be in a state of enlightenment when you need to decide if cosmetic dentistry could help you or a loved one.
Cosmetic dentistry in Columbus usually deals with a set of standard procedures that can produce absolutely stunning results when completed by a competent dental professional. What exactly is cosmetic dentistry, though? This refers to the type of dental work that is performed to enhance the appearance and sometimes even the performance of one’s teeth.
- Veneers. A veneer is used in cosmetic dentistry to improve the look of a tooth or to help protect the tooth. It is basically a thin layer of a material that it attached to the tooth.
- Teeth Whitening. Similar to dental bleaching, teeth whitening is a purely cosmetic procedure that improves the look of teeth. Where teeth whitening brings teeth to a natural color, bleaching tends to whiten beyond the range of normal coloring.
- Bonding. By applying a strong, durable resin to teeth, cosmetic dentists can help repair damage done to teeth.
- Dental Bridges. A dental bridge is essentially a partial denture. It acts in place of missing teeth to improve the cosmetic appearance and functionality of teeth.
- Dental Implants. Dental implants are typically used in cases of dentures, bridges, or crowns.
People who have worn down their teeth may also benefit from many types of cosmetic dentistry and can have their smiles restored through bite reclamation and other procedures. In addition, a cosmetic dentist can also perform other restorative procedures that include tooth colored fillings and even the creation of retainers and braces to correct tooth alignment and bite.
At Easton Town Center in Columbus Ohio, you will find an experienced staff of hygienists and dentists who can help make your smile as perfect as possible through state of the art cosmetic dentistry techniques and practices. By coming to the friendly staff at The Dental Center at Easton, you ensure that you will receive the best in care and treatment at one of Columbus’s premier dental practices.
Many dentists claim that they are cosmetic dentists, but few are truly as qualified as Dr. Gilmer to perform the work necessary to restore a person’s smile. If you have any questions, or would like more information, please feel free to contactour dental office at 614-414-0111.