Home comings and high school graduations just got a whole lot more glamorous. No more metal braces. Having straighter teeth for teens no longer involves wires and metal brackets, or visits to the dentist to get braces tightened leaving your mouth and gums sore and irritated for days. Welcome to Invisalign Teen which is a series of clear aligners custom-fit to the teeth of the individual. Your Easton emergency dentist has information for both teens and their parents to see if Invisalign is the right choice for your teenager.
Full treatment takes about one year, and teens don’t have to wait until all of their permanent teeth have come in. Some benefits of Invisalign Teen over braces include:
Snaps easily on to the teeth
- Clear in color, close to being invisible on the teeth
- Comfortable, non scratching/scraping against the tongue and gums
- Moves the teeth is small continuous increments
- Switched about every two weeks with custom-fit replacements to further move the teeth
- A “Blue-Dot” system allows the teen to know when it’s time to switch to a new Invisalign aligner. The dot fades to white in about two-weeks if worn the appropriate amount of time each day (your Easton emergency dentist will help you with the time-line)
- Easily removed when ready to brush or floss the teeth, or simply to have an evening out with friends without the aligner
- You may be able to get up to six replacement pair if lost
Here’s how Invisalign Teen works:
You’ll meet with the Easton emergency dentist to decide if you are a good candidate for Invisalign Teen
- Pictures and impressions will be taken of your teeth
- Once digitized, your impressions are used to map out the necessary movements to achieve desired goals, and your aligners are made custom-fit to your teeth
- You’ll wear your aligners approx 20-22 hours every day. Remember, they can be removed before eating or brushing your teeth. By wearing the aligners less than recommended, total treatment time could be longer.
- You’ll visit your dentist approx. every two weeks to switch out your aligners to new ones
Invisalign is an FDA-cleared orthodontic treatment currently being used by more than 1,000,000 Americans. Call your Easton emergency dentist today to schedule an appointment. Keep smiling!