Jun 13th, 2013
Candidates for dental braces or cosmetic orthodontic correction often choose Invisalign as the solution better suited to their needs. Trained dentists can prescribe the Invisalign system because they’ve received all the knowledge they need to assess if Invisalign is right for you. If you’re looking at traditional braces, you may want to consider this less invasive alternative. Here are a few reasons why Invisalign could be a better solution.
• The effects of Invisalign may be longer lasting than those of braces. The system uses a clear plastic aligner that guides your whole tooth into the correct position. Braces instead attach to part of your tooth and tug it in the right direction. This is a more natural process that can have further reaching results.
• Invisalign is removable. Got a big presentation or date coming up? Just slip the aligner out of your mouth for the time being. You can essentially pause your treatment. While you don’t need to use your custom aligner 24/7, we do recommend keeping it in at least twenty-two hours per day.
• The clear aligner is less noticeable than braces. If you would feel self-conscious about having braces, ask your dentist about Invisalign. As an adult, having braces could be a huge deal. Or even as a teenager, getting braces would be a big life change. The plastic guide is less intrusive into your life.
• You can eat whatever you want. Popcorn is an amazing snack. Can you imagine going years without getting any at the movies? What about caramel or chewing gum? With Invisalign, you don’t have to worry about that. Take the aligner out before eating, and brush your teeth thoroughly before putting it back in.
• There is no damage to your mouth. Braces snap. That’s just a fact of having them. Rough metal ends can scrape at your mouth and gums in the time before you get it fixed. Invisalign is a solid piece of plastic that won’t break in your mouth.
If you’re interested in finding out if you are a candidate for Invisalign, stop by The Dental Center at Easton. We’re conveniently located just off I-270 to better serve the Columbus, Ohio region.
Jun 4th, 2013
Invisalign is a new solution for correcting dental issues. Before recently, braces and retainers were the only method for dental correction. These limited what patients could eat, and were a big commitment for maintenance. Even with the introduction of more permanent retainers that fit on the back side of teeth, the same dietary and maintenance concerns remained. With Invisalign, you can stylishly correct your smile with less disturbance to your daily life.
Many orthodontic procedures can be performed by Invisalign. It’s a highly customizable solution for moderate to severe problems. And this isn’t just a cosmetic solution; Inivisalign is good for issues that are compounded by gum disease, jaw pain, gingivitis, and even tooth decay or loss. The alignment process of Invisalign is perfect for cases of overbite, tooth crowding from too little jaw space, and teeth that are spread too far apart.
If you are unsure about traditional braces or would feel self-conscious about them, then this clear plastic alignment can do the job without intruding on your social life. Invisalign is perfect for adults considering braces. Teenagers and even younger students may also find Invisalign to be the best fit for their lives. In addition, teenagers often feel the limitations of traditional braces on their diet. Invisalign does away with all of that.
There are no dietary restrictions with plastic realignment. Popcorn at the movies is a-ok. Chewing gum and caramel are no longer forbidden. Invisalign is removed before each meal, so there’s no danger of getting food stuck in it. Proper tooth brushing is suggested after eating, though. Planning your meals is key with Invisalign since it should be worn twenty-two hours each day. Even though it offers more freedoms, candidates should prepare themselves to commit to Invisalign.
If you’re interested in Invisalign, consult with your dentist to learn more. Only dentists trained in it can use the Invisalign system. At The Dental Center, we have the resources to supply the Columbus, Ohio region with Invisalign. Come on in and hear the stories of successful patients that we’ve treated.