In Columbus Ohio, we talk all the time about what you can do to help improve your smile with things like teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, did you know that there are good reasons to smile that go beyond just being happy?
It’s true. The simple act of smiling can be quite beneficial to your overall health and it’s even been proven in scientific testing. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry performed an independent study to determine exactly how much smiling can help a person. The results are astounding and they should give you reason to smile!
- Smiling is proven to make you more attractive. That attraction can manifest in many different ways, though. A good smile can be seen by different people as a sign being successful, trustworthy, outgoing, likeable, honest, and even more intelligent. These perceptions are triggered in the subconscious mind. Beyond that, attractive people have been proven to have the opportunity to earn 12%-27% more income and have more options in dating and marriage. All this from having a great smile!
- Smiling can make you happier. It may seem like a strange concept but if you begin smiling, your mood will improve. A smile tells your brain that you are in a good mood and so it will make you start feeling better. This little trick is a great way to stay bright and cheery.
- Smiling is an integral part in any society. While handshakes and other gestures vary with differing cultures, smiling is a universal sign of happiness. It is one of the few expressions recognized without question all over the world. This fact really does put a new spin on the idea that when you smile, the world smiles with you!
- Smiling helps to ensure a positive impression. You never know when you’ll happen upon someone who might be important to your life. If you turned the corner and bumped into your crush or your idol, wouldn’t you rather be smiling? This is especially true of first impressions. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that 88% of people claim they would remember someone with an attractive smile.
- Smiling is easy! The best part about smiling is that it can only take a few muscles to do. Smiling will benefit you exponentially but it can be done by anyone at any time.
Unfortunately, only about half of all Americans are pleased with their smile. With affordable and simple solutions to nearly any smile predicament, the experts here at The Dental Center at Easton (in Columbus, OH) are more than happy to help you smile more! Give us a call today and start smiling!