It is Time to Schedule Your Next Dental Appointment!
Along with brushing and flossing twice a day, the American Dental Association recommends that you visit your dentist every six months. Regular visits to the dentists are an essential part of maintaining good dental health. During your checkup appointment, your dentist (or dental hygienist) will evaluate gum health, examine your head and neck to check for abnormalities, and examine your mouth for signs of oral cancer, diabetes, or vitamin deficiencies. Here’s what you can expect at your next regular dental exam:
Head and Neck Examination
During the head and neck examination, your dentist will:
- Evaluating face and neck, to look for anything out of the ordinary
- Checking out lymph nodes
- Examining your lower jaw joint movement
Clinical Dental Examination
The assessment of tooth and gum health is performed next. During this phase, your dentist will:
- Examine the Gums and Tongue
- Check for signs of gum disease and loose teeth
- Take any oral X-Rays that might be needed
- Check for any broken teeth or fillings
- Check for signs of tooth decay
The last part of the dental visit consists of cleaning your teeth. This includes:
- Removing plaque and tarter from your teeth
- Polishing teeth and flossing between teeth
- Reviewing a proper dental hygiene regimen for you.
Remember, regular brushing and flossing aren’t enough to ensure good dental health. Contact The Dental Center today at (614) 414-0111 to set up your next appointment and be on your way to a healthier smile!