Has a broken tooth got you down in the dumps? Dental implants are artificial teeth that are inserted into the jaw of a patient via an implanted screw. This screw behaves as an anchor to hold the replacement tooth in place and looks identical to your real teeth. Unlike dentures, dental implants are a permanent solution to a difficult problem and may be covered by dental insurance or company plans. So why go through life embarrassed by a broken tooth when dental implants are just a call away.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you’re interested in replacing one or more broken teeth with dental implants? Here’s a few things to consider first. While the procedure is relatively simple to perform, there are several qualifications for patient’s to consider before taking the dive into dental implants.
A Good Candidate for Dental Implants Requires the Following:
– Strong and healthy gums (Smokers are not preferred for dental implants, as smoking is detrimental to healing and may endanger a successful implant)
– Good oral health practices, such as brushing and flossing twice daily.
– A healthy bone mass in the jaw (Those who have lost bone within the jaw are still qualified to receive dental implants, but the jaw must be rebuilt first)
Qualities That Work Against Qualifying for Dental Implants Include:
– Chronic diseases such as diabetes, hemophilia, immune deficiencies, or diseases involving the connective tissue.
– People who have undergone radiation in the neck or head
– Jaw troubles. Youth’s whose jaws are still in the growing process. It is also recommended that excessive teeth-grinders or those taking steroids should avoid the dental implant process.
Are you a candidate for dental implants in the Ohio area? Come find out today and see how Easton Dentists can change your life, and your smile! With dental insurance and company plans available, there’s no reason not to call today at 614-414-0111 and schedule an appointment to get your implants started.