Feb 26th, 2013
In Columbus Ohio, we talk all the time about what you can do to help improve your smile with things like teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, did you know that there are good reasons to smile that go beyond just being happy?
It’s true. The simple act of smiling can be quite beneficial to your overall health and it’s even been proven in scientific testing. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry performed an independent study to determine exactly how much smiling can help a person. The results are astounding and they should give you reason to smile!
- Smiling is proven to make you more attractive. That attraction can manifest in many different ways, though. A good smile can be seen by different people as a sign being successful, trustworthy, outgoing, likeable, honest, and even more intelligent. These perceptions are triggered in the subconscious mind. Beyond that, attractive people have been proven to have the opportunity to earn 12%-27% more income and have more options in dating and marriage. All this from having a great smile!
- Smiling can make you happier. It may seem like a strange concept but if you begin smiling, your mood will improve. A smile tells your brain that you are in a good mood and so it will make you start feeling better. This little trick is a great way to stay bright and cheery.
- Smiling is an integral part in any society. While handshakes and other gestures vary with differing cultures, smiling is a universal sign of happiness. It is one of the few expressions recognized without question all over the world. This fact really does put a new spin on the idea that when you smile, the world smiles with you!
- Smiling helps to ensure a positive impression. You never know when you’ll happen upon someone who might be important to your life. If you turned the corner and bumped into your crush or your idol, wouldn’t you rather be smiling? This is especially true of first impressions. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that 88% of people claim they would remember someone with an attractive smile.
- Smiling is easy! The best part about smiling is that it can only take a few muscles to do. Smiling will benefit you exponentially but it can be done by anyone at any time.
Unfortunately, only about half of all Americans are pleased with their smile. With affordable and simple solutions to nearly any smile predicament, the experts here at The Dental Center at Easton (in Columbus, OH) are more than happy to help you smile more! Give us a call today and start smiling!
Feb 21st, 2013
At The Dental Center at Easton, we’re experts on cosmetic dentistry and how it can help patients obtain a straighter, more beautiful smile. Measures like teeth whitening, bonding, and dental bridges can help achieve the perfect smile but there are still more ways to improve the look, and sometimes even the feel of your teeth.
Dental contouring is about as straight forward as it sounds. It is simply reshaping teeth to get a better look or feel for the patient. You could even think of it as smoothing out the rough edges of your teeth. It’s not meant to give your teeth a dramatically new profile, just a few small changes to the shape of your teeth that can have very beneficial results.
- Dental contouring is painless. This process involves no penetration into your teeth or gums so you will not feel the nerve pain that can be associated with some other procedures. The reshaping simply consists of removing miniscule amounts enamel from the exterior or interior part of the tooth. In instances like dental contouring, not much is needed because a little off the top can produce noticeable results.
- Dental contouring improves the look of teeth. If your teeth have small, abnormal protrusions, they can easily be remedied with this procedure. Afraid of fangs? No need to worry when you can just round off the ends of especially pointy teeth with tooth reshaping.
- Dental contouring may help your bite. A bite that does not line your jaw up properly can result in pain down the road. The easiest way to avoid that pain and trouble is take care of the problem as soon as possible. Teeth reshaping will help to eliminate the problem by creating perfectly aligned teeth. Because it is such a powerful option in terms of dental care, dental contouring may even be able to be used instead of braces for some patients.
- Dental contouring is a cost effective treatment. When considering the time and money that could be spent on dental procedures, teeth reshaping becomes a very attractive option. It takes care of the immediate problem at a fraction of the cost of other dental procedures.
We live in a time when there are solutions to nearly every problem. Dental contouring has proven itself to be a quick and simple solution to several different problems that can arise in teeth. If you’d like to find out if dental contouring is right for you, give us a call today.
Feb 11th, 2013
Not unlike plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry places a larger focus on outward appearances than on strictly medical enhancements. While there can be medical benefits, cosmetic surgery typically aims to increase the look of teeth first and foremost. Though not as well-known as plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry is also typically less noticeable than plastic surgery.
As with all things in life, there are varying levels of quality when it comes to which dentist provides your cosmetic dentistry. Unsightly dental work performed in the past can hinder a person’s confidence and make them self-conscious about their appearance. Bad dental work also results in poor occlusion, improper chewing, infections, and tooth loss. Our dentists at The Dental Center at Easton offer several methods of improving a patient’s smile and facial esthetics through specialized cosmetic dentistry solutions.
- Tooth Colored Fillings. Existing amalgam or silver fillings can be replaced by tooth colored materials. Although durable, the silver fillings darken and fracture over time, leaving gaps between the tooth structure and the filling. Plaque and bacteria accumulate in the pits and fissures of the tooth leading to infections and pain. Most amalgam restorations can be replaced with a sturdy composite material that matches the natural pigmentation of the teeth. This new filling will not only perform better, it will also look much more natural in your mouth.
- Crowns and Bridges. Excessive tooth structure loss and root canal treatments often require the application of crowns and bridges. Bad dental work can also be corrected by this technique and provide the patient with a beautiful smile. Our Easton Town Center dentists will carefully inspect the health status of each tooth and determine if the patient can benefit from this procedure using state of the art technology to achieve esthetically pleasing results. We believe that a healthy smile helps create a beautiful smile.
- Porcelain Veneers. Permanent discoloration of anterior teeth can be corrected with the creation of veneers. This method of improving the patient’s smile is a great alternative to more invasive procedures. Veneers are typically recommended by our dentist for patients with severely discolored teeth. No matter the damage done, we can fix it with uniquely crafted veneers.
Your cosmetic dentistry should be tailored specifically to you so that’s what we do here at The Dental Center at Easton Town Center (in Columbus, Ohio). If you have any questions, or would like more information, please feel free to contact our dental office at 614-414-0111.